I love the idea of World Book Night –http://www.worldbooknight.org/. To be held on March 5th 2011, this event will see a team of thousands of volunteers each being given 48 books to hand out, potentially to people who normally wouldn’t get the chance to read. There are some great books on offer, some of which I have read, others not. Well worth volunteering for!
- A thousand and one World Book Nights, please (telegraph.co.uk)
- A million books to be given away (bbc.co.uk)
- World Book Night: Do you know 48 people who’d enjoy the same book? (guardian.co.uk)
- UK charity will give away 1,000,000 books, and you can hand them out! (boingboing.net)
- World Book Night to give away 1m free books (guardian.co.uk)